Everyone should be familiar with turkey. In some Asian countries, turkey is eaten on Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. With the continuous import of Western culture, turkey has now become an ingredient in daily life, and turkey tastes delicious. , with high nutritional value and low cholesterol content, it is deeply loved by domestic consumers and has good breeding benefits. Let's learn about turkey farming techniques together.
1. Choose the environment Farmers should choose a high and flat place to build a turkey house. It should be leeward to the sun. Only in this way can the ventilation of the chicken coop be maintained and the growth of bacteria can be reduced. If conditions permit, there can be clean water and abundant pasture around the chicken coop.
For turkeys raised in captivity, attention should be paid to the cleaning of water tanks and food troughs during breeding. First, rinse the food residues in them with clean water, then disinfect them with potassium permanganate solution, and finally remove weeds, feces, and other debris in the pens. Clean up and reduce the harm of germs.
2. Building a chicken house If the economic conditions of the farmers are average, they can choose a simple shed or a semi-open house. If the initial start-up funds are sufficient, it is best to build a standard chicken coop. But no matter which one, the ventilation and temperature of the chicken house should be maintained, only in this way can the turkey grow normally. In the process of breeding turkeys, if there are outsiders, the bottom of their shoes needs to be strictly disinfected to prevent them from bringing germs into the farm.
3. Select breeds When farmers choose turkeys from factories that sell turkey seedlings, try to choose some that are more lively and look stronger. Another important reference standard is the meat under the neck of the turkey. The bigger, more numerous, and brighter the color, the better the breed of turkey.
4. Chick Management
Because of their relatively large adult size, turkeys are much larger than chicks even in the fledgling stage. Make sure your turkey is drinking enough water within two hours of hatching. This is because the young turkey that has just hatched has a serious loss of water in its body. If it is not replenished in time, it will die due to lack of water. In addition, in the fledgling stage, some protein content should be deliberately increased in the feed for young turkeys, because young turkeys grow very fast. If the supply of protein is insufficient, the skeleton will not be able to support it Will affect the quality of commercial turkey.
During the breeding period, turkeys need to be driven to the open grass outside once a week for free feeding, which can not only strengthen the turkey's physique but also save the feed. Usually, it is enough to feed 1-2 times a day and keep drinking plenty of water.
5. Beak Trimming Management
Turkeys are more aggressive, especially when male turkeys are kept together, fights often occur. In response to the fighting phenomenon of chickens, chicken farmers often use a method called beak trimming to deal with it. Although it will make the chicken's feed intake ability slightly worse, it has a good anti-fighting effect. And even if there is another fight, the broken beak will not easily hurt the chickens. Due to the large size of the turkey, it is recommended to use a special turkey beak trimmer for the operation, and special care should be taken not to hurt its tongue during the operation.
6. Cultivation period management
The turkeys in the breeding period are lively and active and grow fast. The stocking density should be greatly reduced to 3-4 per square meter. For chicken houses with sports fields, the stocking density can be increased appropriately. Feed 3-4 times a day, add gravel according to 1-2% of the feed amount to help the stomach digest food, and at the same time put it outside the house once a day for 1-2 hours. Grazing allows turkeys to freely eat grass and insects to strengthen activities, save feed, limit the growth period, and artificially drive the senses 4-5 times a day to increase the amount of exercise.
7. Daily management In order to make turkeys less likely to get sick, it is necessary to do a good job in disease prevention from the source. The first is to clean up the site in time to minimize the residence time of feces in the chicken coop and the place where turkeys are active, and the second is to avoid too many people entering the site to prevent germs from being brought in from the outside. In addition, even management personnel should try their best to wear clean clothes when entering the venue, and if possible, they should be disinfected in advance. Turkeys can be raised in flats, in cages, in nets, or in groups of grazing. Before breeding turkeys, you can first inspect the local environment, and then learn and master the breeding techniques, so as to avoid breeding risks and improve breeding benefits.
Established in 2000, LONGMU is engaged in poultry equipment production including chicken nipple drinkers, poultry waterer drinkers, poultry feeders, feeding lines, drinking lines, and transportation cages.
Our company headquarters is in China.
With 20 sets of plastic injection machines and 30 sets of CNC LATHES, production volume is well ensured.
With our own mold design workshop, we have new product development capability and also do OEM for oversea customers.
For after-sales, we have a professional after-sales team and poultry installation instructor.
Believe we will take a strong supply system and good profit for you!
LONGMU is a one-stop solution for all your poultry equipment needs. Come and see how our latest products drive your productivity.
We are the source factory, helping you save the price difference between middlemen, and ultimately helping you save money. If necessary, please contact us to give you the lowest price.